5.06.2013

Happy Monday after Cinco de Mayo!

This weather lately has got me craving a cold one....but not just ANY cold one.  A cold one just like the one I had in Venice Beach, when my friend Sam introduced me to a Mexican-style brunch complete with green chile Chilaquiles and spicy Micheladas.  Yummm...my taste buds are tingling just thinking about it.  

If you've never heard of it, the Michelada is similar to a Bloody Mary except that the vodka is substituted with beer.  It's rumored to be a good hangover remedy (perhaps a good thing to know after this past weekend's festivities) and is prepared in about a bajillion different ways.
So, in hopes of replicating the drinks I shared with Sam that morning I did taste-test, after taste-test, after taste-test (oh darn, right?!).  Here's what I came up with...




     MICHELADA
     Serves 1

     YOU WILL NEED:
     Lime wedge
     Course sea salt
     Juice of 1 lime
     A Mexican Beer (I used Modelo Especial)
     Dash of Soy sauce
     Dash of Worcestershire
     Few dashes of Cholula (or more, if you like it HOT)
     Tomato Juice (I prefer RW Knudsen Tomato Juice // found at Whole Foods)
     Few slices of jalapeno

     1 // Wet rim of beer mug with lime wedge and dip into course sea salt.
     2 // Spoon ice into mug, then add next five ingredients.
     3 // Top with Tomato juice and stir gently. 
     4 // Garnish with jalapeno slices.

Now, get crackin...open a cold one!

Seriously,
Erin

1 comment:

  1. Hola soy mexicana y se me antojo tu michelada...solo un consejo...no le agregues hielo la cerveza aquí nunca es con hielo, puedes poner las cervezas en el congelador y así estarán muy frías...si a la mezcla le pones un poco de salsa maggui, no te cuento!!! riquísima tu cerveza...Saludos!!!

    ReplyDelete